Friday, September 20, 2013

Book Review : Gina & Mike

Gina & Mike (The Yearbook Series #1)Gina & Mike by Buffy Andrews
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Gina & Mike is story of 2 high-school sweethearts. They're made for each other & intend to spend their lives together. Unfortunately Gina gets raped by her teacher and in order not to spoil her boyfriend's career doesn't tell anyone about it. But the mental pressure takes a toll on their relationship.
20 years down the line, she meets Mike again at their school reunion.

To be honest, the book was just okay; nothing great. In the beginning of the book, I felt the narration was a bit immature but considering it was supposed to written by a teenager, I thought this was done purposely. However when the story moves on and even a hotshot attorney uses the similar style. Considering the author is already a Journalist & has her own blog, I expected more. Unless you are a teenager & like very easy read, I wouldn't recommend it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a comment & I'll love you forever!!